• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

And the dog makes it a circus…

h0kie

Y’all….

My child’s reign of terror continues into day two. :rolleyes: But the canine…THE CANINE…

Dude, you’re killing me.

He found a cricket in the garage when I let him out. He couldn’t just eat it like he does the toads. Oh no, he decides to play with it.

“It hops, Lady! Look! He’s fun! Hello, friend!”

As I’m walking back into the house, he gallops past me with the cricket.

Annnnnd it’s bedlam…the cricket is cricketing. The dog is pouncing. I’m whisper yelling (because the Tiny Dictator is finally asleep) at the dog to leave it.

…okay, he has apparently gone temporarily deaf because he and the cricket are bounding all around the living room.

I would like to tell you no crickets were harmed in the making of this insanity, but….

• 043E6EB4-8855-402D-A0EB-09337724AE05.jpeg
    110 KB
Advertisement

eliza4one

LOVE THAT PIC!!!! That dog is so cute staring at that tiny cricket!!!!

Did he finally eat it? Did you take it outside? Curious minds want to know...

Advertisement

Renea

Once in awhile we live lives that are meant to be in the movies. Your cricket moment is one of those 'popcorn' worthy moments! Thanks for bringing us along.

ChrisL77

Your stories are the best. They always make me laugh. You should have been an author. I especially loved whisper yelling.

WordFountain

Oh geez! What a night LOL

I’m curious: Does Swift actually eat the toads, as in chew it up and swallow <!--yuck--> or chew it up and spit it out?

I guess both options are gross but now I’m intrigued <!--giggle-->

h0kie

Oh Swift, you derpy dog

Does Swift actually eat the toads, as in chew it up and swallow or chew it up and spit it out?

So. First, toads are poisonous. Well, they secret a toxin from their skin for protection (I had forgotten that). He doesn’t eat them, he “plays” with them. He loves when they hop. To encourage them to hop, he picks them up and tosses them. <!--misspeak--> When they stop jumping he barks at them to keep jumping because he’s not done playing. Swift, you can only toss a toad so many times before…. :(

While he’s “playing” with them he’s also drooling like a Saint Bernard because again, poisonous. He’s cute, but he’s not that bright.

I usually grab DS anytime I see a toad outside and tell his to put it where Swift can’t get it. He puts it through the fence and tells me that the toad is off to find his Mommy. <!--lovestruck-->

Did he finally eat it? Did you take it outside?

The kid was in bed so I wasn’t touching it….come to think of it, he wouldn’t have touched it either. He hates bugs. When it…stopped jumping…I got an empty playdoh cup and put him outside. Swift sulked the rest of the night because I had taken his friend away.

WordFountain

H0kie, thanks for sharing this story and taking the time to answer my question. :)

Swift sulked the rest of the night because I had taken his friend away.

I can totally see that LOL Dogs are great!

I had a dachshund growing up who who sulk and ignore me whenever I’d first come home from college because he was mad that I left. :rolleyes:

eliza4one

Ditto! Thanks for the story and for answering my question. Crickets are gross!! Worse than almost any other bug. I'd have to use some sort of a container, too, to even think about "picking it up".

Advertisement