• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

anything from Hifi?

Advertisement

newspedteach

looked back

on his last thread. This is my take: apparently, some misunderstood what he was trying to say. Long time posters who 'know' him should definitely know that he would never post mean or hateful subject matter. The op was blown out of proportion by the 'PC Police'. My opinion, but I'm assuming that's why he's taking a break.

This is exactly why PT is losing some of it's long time posters in my opinion. It's definitely not the same.

Renea

I miss Hifi too and wonder if his last thread caused him to take a break from us. I'm not sure where the negative posts are coming from recently but even folks who have shared tragic events in their lives find themselves judged negatively. What's up with that?

I miss Hifi's humor.

wildflowerz

I'm not sure where the negative posts are coming from recently but even folks who have shared tragic events in their lives find themselves judged negatively. What's up with that?

My thoughts exactly. Some folks lack people skills.

Advertisement

twin2

Renea and Wildflowerz

I agree - people who are posting tragic life events are being attacked. I know because I am one who posted about some awful situations I am dealing with and got flamed. Really people? If someone is posting about something awful, they are looking for support. If you don't like it, skip that post.

Renea

I know that I was guilty of giving an opinion when someone only wanted support. I hadn't read the "back story" in previous posts so my opinion was WAY wrong. I apologized and learned my lesson. Support...not opinions. We never really know what we would do in some difficult situations. When things bad happen to us our we find out the choices aren't so easy or clear. You never really "get it" until it happens to you.

Those of us who have been here awhile all know Hifi's wonderful sense of humor and kind heart. He would never want to hurt... only humor.

We miss you Hifi.

Advertisement