• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Apple recipes?

PEPteach

I'm headed out apple picking tomorrow. What is your favorite way to enjoy them, aside from eating them plain. Would love some good recipes!

Advertisement

booklady57

Swiss Apple Pie

I haven't made this in years, but remember it as being tasty and quick to put together.

Swiss Apple Pie

In a bowl, mix together: 1 egg
¾ cup sugar

Add ½ cup flour
1tsp baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup chopped apple
½ cup chopped nuts
1/8 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon

Pour into greased pie plate. Bake 25—30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with ice cream or Cool Whip.

javamomma

Apples

I love to sauté apples with sweet potatoes and onion.

Just microwave sweet potato 5 min to precook it. Peel and cut
Into cubes
Add diced onion and cubed apples

Cat woman

I make the usual— pie and applesauce. This year I picked way too many so I froze little cups of applesauce for when we have pork chops. (Pork chops and applesauce like on the Brady Bunch ;))

I also make this Apple Bread. I cut the recipe in half to make just one loaf. It is a sweet dessert bread.

And my favorite is to dip slices of apple in peanut butter.

ICrazyTeach

Mmmmm...I would give just about anything to have one of my grandparents' fried apple pies!

There is no actual recipe with measurements. I'm sure there are some online that aren't quite as "country" and include more spices and look prettier.

Peel and slice apples (yellow delicious were my grandfather's favorite to use).
Cook slowly in a pan on the stove with butter and sugar. They will change to a nice dark reddish purple color (hmmm... not really sure how that happens).

Make pie dough, roll and cut out into circles--the size of my grandmother's margarine lid<!--giggle--> maybe 5 inch diameter?

Spoon apples on to dough, fold over to make a half circle, seal the edges.

Fry in a skillet for a few minutes on each side until golden brown (my grandparents, of course, fried in lard).

That's it. They're great warm or cold and should never be eaten with a fork on a plate. Ideally you'll snack on one in the barn while you're stripping tobacco on a cool Fall day.:)

Advertisement

PEPteach

YUM!! Now who wants to come over and bake all of these for me so my house smells good? <!--giggle-->

(Pork chops and applesauce like on the Brady Bunch )
LOLLOLLOL I say this to myself every time I make pork chops! I thought my sisters and I were the only ones who still say this. <!--giggle--><!--giggle--><!--giggle-->

WordFountain

Pork chops and applesauce like on the Brady Bunch ….
I say this to myself every time I make pork chops! I thought my sisters and I were the only ones who still say this.

Nope, me too LOL :D

I also like pork chops with caramelized red onions and apples with German red sauerkraut.

Apples: I pretty cook the same things that PPs already suggested. I’d add an Apple Crisp. I usually just find something quick & easy on Pinterest.

ConnieWI

Impossible French Apple Pie

Impossible French Apple Pie

6 cups sliced apples
1¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. nutmeg

1 cup sugar
¾ cup milk
½ cup Bisquick
2 eggs
1 T. melted butter

Streusel
½ cup Bisquick
½ cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 T. firm butter

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease pie plate. Mix apples and spices, and put into pie plate.

Beat remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with streusel and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.

deb603

PEPteach and WordFountain

But you must say it like this "pork chopsshh... and applesaucsh...that's schwell", lol
Do it all the time!

Advertisement