• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Brain Bubble TWIST!

Other 

Skool Dayz

I kinda like the idea of using the plastic bubbles but I noticed that a lot of the primary grade teachers were giving input. I teach fifth and thought about incorporating them this way. I have a Candy Grabber which is basically a mini prize machine where you have to move the arm to pick something up. So I was thinking of using it to take "brain breaks" after a long Reading, Math or Writing block. I would act like a game show host and call the number of the lucky student to "come on down" and grab a bubble. Inside I would place small pieces of paper with things like 1 minute dance party, do 10 jumping jacks, 10 toe touches, etc. Anything to last a minute and get them to moving before returning to their assignments. I think I will really need this during the first two weeks of school when everyone is still sleepy at 10a.m. So what do you think about this idea?

Advertisement

jedgar

Totally Love this idea!!!

This is great. Movement helps stimulate the mind and keep 5th graders awake.

Advertisement

Skool Dayz

I ordered two of the Candy Grabbers off of the HSN a couple of years ago and never used one of them. So I thought this would be a great way to use it. You may be able to get something similar online at Amazon, Ebay or a novelty store.

GeminiTwin

Love this idea

I do 1 and 2 minute brain breaks already but what a fun alternative. I was not going to do brain bubbles because it just felt like one more thing to keep track of but I might just have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Advertisement