• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Busch Gardens, Williamsburg VA

bookgeek59

I'm a born and raised native of VA and am here today for the first time ever. I'm posting while dh is on a ride.
The first hour I wasn't feeling it.
The second hour I realized it's an outdoor mall with rides, overpriced food, but impeccably clean and plentiful restrooms and shaded outdoor seating.
Now in the fourth fu@$ing hour I'm ready to ride the park train back to the main gate and go back to the hotel and pass the f@$* out.
That is all.

Advertisement

1956BD

Not a fan of amusement parks either

Is your husband having a good time? Is there a show you can see? That might be fun. Sorry it is a bummer of a day for you.

bookgeek59

After this last ride is a late lunch with a show in the German oompah tent. We'll take the train there, and there's beer! Things might be looking up. LOL

And yes, dh is having fun and I swear I'm not be a grumpy pain in the a$$ or anything.

Irish

I was just there

My DH and I went with DD her husband and kids. . The most exciting part was the rain all day and eating the German food . They had no shows that we could find and every adult ride is a rollercoaster. The rain kept many away so at least it wasn't crowded. I was not impressed like I was 20+ years ago.

1956BD

If I still enjoyed rides

an amusement park would be fun. But I have back issues and just can't take anything that jerks you around plus I get dizzy easily now as well. Well, what can I say. This too shall pass. Maybe tomorrow you can do something you enjoy.

cruxian

I went there as a chaperone for a middle school field trip. :rolleyes: I feel your pain.
Truly I don't mind it too much but I totally get where you're coming from too. I do enjoy going there during the Christmas holidays.

Advertisement

NJ Teacher

Never been to the one in VA, but...

We went to Busch Gardens in Tampa. The theme was a safari theme. We had paid extra for a feeding of giraffes as well as a free lunch, and that was well worth it. The safari ride, similar to Disney's, was closed for repairs and the dolphin show was replaced by an R.L. Stine 3-D movie. I did enjoy the log flume ride and the great lunch overlooking the animals int he jungle, but we did not feel it was worth it. Have no plans to go back to it or visit the one in VA anytime soon.

SusanTeach

Busch Gardens

We love Busch Gardens! I lived there as a teenager, and we took my kiddos a few years back. We all had fun. I'm sorry you're not having a good time - I hope the German area made you feel better. :)

They have cute shows, and we always loved the rides. We went to the one in Tampa before, but we still like the one in Williamsburg better. I guess it's partly nostalgic for me. :o

vateacher

We were there today. We get season passes and take the kids every year. The rides are fun, the food is over priced but we bring snacks in - they don't care. The restrooms are really nice. I can see how someone might get bored, on the plus side, being a Busch property you can drink and walk. Its great exercise going up and down the hills trying not to spill your beer. <!--giggle--> honestly my favorite is the Halloween and Christmas festivals there. So fun!

bookgeek59

Wow!

We could've met up and chatted or something. I'm willing to go back, especially for Christmas/holiday stuff. I just don't ever wanna do the whole park in one day again. Too much.

Advertisement