• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Can't find this certain type of pocket chart, help?

Other 

WestCoastTch

Argh!

Here's what I'm looking for:

Pocket charts that I can use for paper organization that have deep, CLEAR pockets. I have the typical ones that you can store file folders in, etc., but I'm looking for ones that have deep, clear pockets that I can use for turning in homework. I plan to label each one with the studen'ts number and I can quickly glance at it and see who's is missing-- if it were clear, even better.

Do you know where I can find them? I've searched a lot of sites and come up with zip. :confused:

Advertisement

GdHrtdTchr

Both Pocket Charts

Both of these charts look interesting. I'm just writing thanks for sharing, so I can easily come back if I see a need for my classroom down the road.

Advertisement

Emmy

Several of teachers use these charts.

If you don't take them out after each assignment, then at the end of the day you have to separate them to grade like papers with like papers.

I hate them.

WestCoastTch

Thank you.

If you don't take them out after each assignment, then at the end of the day you have to separate them to grade like papers with like papers.

I understand that this would not be ideal.

However, I do not plan on using them for paper storage throughout the day. It will only be for homework packets and the odd signature page. I will number them with a decal or a cut-out, and I can quickly see whose homework is missing and have those students remain behind during recess. During recess I correct homework, and if I discover it is incomplete or unacceptably completed, those students are pulled at lunch.

MNTeacher2

Here is one that I used for several years

I put it on a big pocket chart hanging rack, and used it for small book storage, but it could be used for holding papers. You could also hang it on the wall with small hooks or on a bulletin board with push pins. This chart is very durable and I used it for at least 7 years without any tearing in the fabric or plastic. It is still holding up very well. Someone else (at my school) will receive it, since I no longer need it. The plastic pockets can be wiped out with a damp cloth when needed. Even though it was a bit expensive (I purchased 2), it was a very useful resource.

http://www.amazon.com/Carson-Dellos...X98W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336777129&sr=8-1

MNTeacher2

Another Idea that I used for turning in work

One year, I purchased an extra set of student mailboxes at an office store. (I also had a mailbox system for sending home student work/papers.) You can either label the mailboxes with the student number or name. This way, the work that is turned in will remain flat. I know that with the file folder pocket charts, the papers tend to curl a bit, if it is warm in the room (I taught in a school without air conditioning).

Advertisement