• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Check out this house

Advertisement

Song of Joy

Love the exterior. If I had enough money to buy it, I would redecorate the interior. But the bathroom with the lights everywhere...gulp.

FionaJ

Oh my. Oh. My. Money doesn’t necessarily buy taste.

I rarely admire these monster homes posted here, but I think the exterior of this one, especially from the front views, is quite attractive. But I didn’t see anything on the inside that I really cared for, although I like the design (not the color) of the staircase.

How about that platform shoe chair? LOL

Last edited:

Rusty's Mom

It has so many framed photos and taxidermy or statues of animals. He has a particular taste in decor as well as lots of wooden paneling from that time period.
Definitely not my taste but it could be a very beautiful house with different choices for furniture and other decor items.
The outside of the house is wonderful and the property is well kept too.

Advertisement

ZipLine

The exterior of the house and the grounds are nice. The inside is absolutely grotesque. I wonder who will be decluttering all that stuff.

1956BD

Love the location! Beautiful beach property! The exterior of the house and the pools are nice but I did not care for the interior of the house at all. Each to his own.

amiga13

wildflowerz, thanks for sharing the house and the fascinating background. Clearly he enjoyed spending the money he earned. I love love love the windows and views. I like a lot of what he has, but he obviously never said, “No thanks.” I wish someone would explain that bathroom to me.

elspeech

I couldn't get over all the stuff, plus the blue carpet. Especially in the bedroom pictures, where it looks like there are bumps in the carpet. With that much money you should be able to afford carpet installers who do it right. And the ceiling mirrors in the bathroom would be a huge nope for me.

wildflowerz

At first I loved the house, then I realized I was looking at advertisements for Ruggables.

For a minute I felt bad for his daughter having to deal with getting rid of everything. She’s a billionairess so I’m sure it won’t be a problem for her. LOL

FionaJ

It is a good reminder to me that everyone is unique and has their own opinions. As long as he liked it and it made him happy, that’s what counts. I have no doubt, based on responses on fairly frequent home decorating threads, that a lot of people here would not like my house or the way I have it decorated. But I love it! And that’s exactly how it should be.

tctrojan

They are not spending much on toilet paper. Those rolls are about $24.00. That is an odd thing to notice, but some relatives bought something si!solar and I always thought why? Money was not an issue.

The views are stunning.

Summerwillcom

If I had a spare 6,000,000 sitting around, I'd buy it for a winter/ family vacation home. :)
The 1st picture of the exterior with a pool on a balcony or roof was what caught my attention along with-it having beach access right out the door. I loved that 1 pool! The exterior/pool/and beach were the selling points for me.
Then inside kind of surprised me...lol
I am guessing his daughter can afford to hire a moving crew to clean it out.
If I could afford the house, I could definitely afford a work crew too. :)
The bar kind of reminded me of Hawaii. The wood in there was nice.
However, he filled some other rooms with a wood that reminded me of zebra stripes.
I noticed that carpet bunched up too!
I don't know what Ruggables are but am going to google it out of curiosity.

Lilbitkm

I saw this on the Zilllow Gone Wild Facebook feed and have driven by it many times.

Here is some more information on the house: Grab the Sunscreen! Hawaiian Tropic Founder’s Flashy Florida Home Lists for Nearly $6 Million

When he first purchased the home, there was no kitchen. I was wondering if he had added one or not, appears he did 😂

The exterior of the home is gorgeous, the interior is not for me but that could be changed, whoever purchases is purchasing for size/location and the private beach access, I’d assume.

I found that Ron Rice also owned this home on the same street, sold in 2018:

Last edited:

Summerwillcom

This 1 would be a step down for me after seeing the pool ON the other house! lol
(Joking!) I did really fall in love with that 1 pool. It still has the beach though.
There would be less stuff to haul, but I'd have to get rid of that dark yellow orange thing going on in there. That kitchen would make me dizzy.
I'd love it though if it were gifted to me. :)

marguerite2

Inside is definitely not my taste.
The master bedroom’s view is great, but I would not want to sleep in the one with the hemmed in bed.
Remembering a post from earlier, there is a place to sit if the new owners want a shoeless house.

Sbkangas5

I actually think that $6 million is a steal for that property. But I would need another few million to redecorate. I was overwhelmed with just the pictures. He definitely had unique taste.

wildflowerz

I saw this on the Zilllow Gone Wild Facebook feed and have driven by it many times.

Here is some more information on the house: Grab the Sunscreen! Hawaiian Tropic Founder’s Flashy Florida Home Lists for Nearly $6 Million

When he first purchased the home, there was no kitchen. I was wondering if he had added one or not, appears he did 😂

The exterior of the home is gorgeous, the interior is not for me but that could be changed, whoever purchases is purchasing for size/location and the private beach access, I’d assume.

Interesting that he owned this house as well. I wonder if he lived in one and used the other for entertaining?

One thing that caught my eye is the white sand in the pictures of this house. The house for sale now has the orange sand that I’m used to seeing.

Advertisement