• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Class Name

Classroom Management 

carrieSAtoUSA

I am wanting to give my class a catchy name. My last name begins with a C. Any creative ideas out there?? I am doing a classroom economy and would like to use the name to help create bucks / cash and a "town". Would love some help :)

Advertisement

TeacherCarrie

Not sure much of a help this will be since it isn't exactly matched to your name. But, I call my class (we are in rm. 45) Community 45. This is sort of based around the fact that we work a lot on Teambuilding and Classbuilding.

carrieSAtoUSA

Class name

Teacher Carrie - that's a great idea. Thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what types of things do you do to team build and class build?

TeacherCarrie

I joined the Kagan group here on PT and bought the Classbuilding book also sold by Kagan (on Amazon) last summer. From there, I chose things that I thought went along with what I wanted my kids to feel by the end of the first week. They're mainly getting to know each other activities and mixing up kids so they find out how much they have in common with everyone, not just their good friends.

I highly recommend joining the group or at least going through to browse ideas. The Classbuilding book wasn't too expensive. There is a teambuilding book too, but I wanted more of a community feel not smaller teams.

Century46

I have this as a Morning Message activity and students brainstorm a list of posibilities that we then vote on. Once the name is chosen, we do the same thing to design are classroom money. It's fun, and now I have a name for each of my classes that is as unigque as they are. I can't wait to see what this group chooses!

carrieSAtoUSA

To shuntyswife

It is a hard "C" - don't know if I'm actually encouraged to post the whole last name, but the 1st 3 letters are Cam.... Please, 'alliterate' away :) :) :)

Advertisement