• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Covid has made me less of a man

Hifiman

I’ve been cold-free for pretty much all of Covid. This week I got sick. But you know how it’s been these past few years. You cough in public and you panic because you worry that people think you’re sick. For the first time in my life I’ve had to downplay how I feel. Usually I take the Oscar route. I want everyone to know that I need a priest at any moment. I insist on being handed everything. But in the Covid era I don’t want to panic coworkers, etc. so I delay the Oscar performance for another year and act like it’s no big deal. My acting talents are going to atrophy. I’m genuinely worried I will only get back to Emmy level acting.

Advertisement

suzyteach

Your poor wife. She’ll take the brunt of your man-cold. So happy to see you here, Hifi. I have missed you!

I must admit I had my first cold a few weeks ago, and I was a BABY! It sucked and lasted 3weeks (negative Covid test). I hope yours clears up quickly

PEPteach

We'll give you an Oscar! <!--giggle--> I was also sick with a bad cold and felt like I had to really stifle the sniffing and coughing. Thankfully my worst days were on the weekend, but I did feel guilty going in! A student told me I sounded like a turtle. <!--eyebrow-->

So glad to see you on here!

Advertisement

calumetteach

Welcome back, Hifi

I think we’re all in the same boat. Now it’s like: “I’m fine, I’m fine, everything’s fine, nothing to see here…I just need a glass of water.”

Advertisement