• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Don't blame me

Administrator Issue 

ICrazyTeach

I will follow the schedule administration is mandating this year. Just don't blame me when the kids can't read or write because the schedule doesn't include time to actually teach them anything <!--grumpy-->:(:mad:

Advertisement

Sbkangas5

I do think that entire staffs need to make a decision to use only mandated curriculum, provided supplies, provided time, set schedules, etc for an entire year or two and let admin see what really happens. It would be eye opening for sure.

anna

I think some admin are secretly hoping teachers will close their doors and do what is best for their kids. Their schedules "look satisfactory" to the district office but school admin won't enforce it.

Fenwick

No one knows more about their students than the classroom teacher. When I began teaching during the Jurassic Period, mantra at the time was meet the needs of students. Teachers were actually hired and trusted that they knew a little bit about instruction. Yes, we had reading period and math period etc. And, coronary blockage, if Ad’ didn’t come to us and ask when the best times to engage students in learning would be for each? Some teachers taught math in the morning while others in the afternoon. This, even though a lot of research says students are fresher in the mornings. To wit, teachers had decided, based on the motley crew (not the band) that showed up, what was best for them. In other words, teaching during this time was bottom-up as opposed to top-down.

Advertisement