• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Exhausted!

Other 

Sbkangas5

Moving rooms is hard. Changing grade levels is hard. Setting up an entirely new room and grade level from scratch is hard. Put it all together and it's... HARD. LOL I think I've put in 40 or 50 hours this week. I'm close, very close, but it's summer and I'm ready for my break!

Advertisement

iteachk2010

It can be exciting to start in a new grade level. That is a lot of work in itself. Then add in packing up your old classroom and moving to/setting up a new classroom. Wow! I can imagine how exhausted you must feel.
I hope you get to relax and unwind before your new year starts. When does your school year start?
Will you be the only teacher at the level?
Years ago I taught Early K, but there was another Early K teacher in another school who helped me.

TheGr8Catsby

I want to set up my room already. Lol.

We're not allowed in the building until 2 weeks before the school year starts.

Sbkangas5

I hope you get to relax and unwind before your new year starts. When does your school year start?
Will you be the only teacher at the level?
I finished everything I can finish for now, so I'm refusing to go in for the next 5 weeks. I have to be back on Aug 1 for summer school.
I'll be the only teacher, but I'll at least have a full time aide to bounce ideas off of and learn with (and she's super excited and fabulous!).

rusty

You deserve that free 5 weeks off! Moving is so exhausting. I remember the last time I had to move my classroom....I swore that they'd have to carry me out in a pine box if they ever moved me again! Luckily I retired before I had to carry out that threat. Relax and enjoy your time off....August 1st will be here before you know it!

Advertisement