• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Government Activities

Social Studies 

WSU10

I have roughly two days next week that I want to fill with an activity or two. I plan on giving the test next Wednesday and want to do an activity or two for the remaining days of the week. I have a game that will help them review the three branches, but not sure if I want to wait and do them after the test, I may use them for a day after we discuss the three branches, pushing the test back a day and not interfering with my other subjects. That would leave one day for an activity or project that we could do in class.

Are there any suggestions for a 1 to 1.5 day activity/project related to government for 5th grade? I could always fill it in with something related to our town or something if needed.

Advertisement

WSU10

Thank you for posting those links. I found a lot of those activities to be great. I may try and use a few tomorrow in class. I may even try to do a local history thing next week if I can find information about the area.

Freeda Pen

three branches of government

i was observing a 5th grade class. They were doing a project on the three branches of governmetn. They were divided into groups of two/ three girls each. Each girl got a wire hanger, a choice of two color papers, and ribbons. THey were supposed to hand three ribbons from the hanger with a description of the three diff. branches. Here's how it went. THe teacher drew a modal on the board of the hanger with three papers hanging down. On each of the three papers was written one of the branch. from each paper hung another paper with a definition of the branch, and from there hung another paper with some other info. THe girls really got into the activity and had a lot of fun figuring out how to assemble their hangers, the colors and the decorations.

Advertisement