• Welcome teachers! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

How could I become an educational consultant?


Senior Member
Someone had a great idea for me and I liked it. After 11 years of teaching special ed I'm really good at what I do and am really patient, I get lots of compliments about how I do things, blah blah blah. I'm starting to get fed up with the system though. I'm sure many of you know how it goes.

They suggested, how about becoming an educational consultant? I'm thinking like for families, a business, even on my own... going in to help people with special needs kids, etc.

Its a longshot, i'm sure. But what do you think I would need to start looking into for doing that? I have 11 years experience, but I should probably get my master's degree 1st, right? But in WHAT, exactly? Also, what would I even start looking INTO? Google "how to become an ed consultant "?


Junior Member
Master's Degree

I am getting my master's degree in Educational Leadership.

You might want to look into that.