• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

"How did you get your name?" interview ?s

Other 

missvicki77

Okay...I know I had this somewhere. I normally send home a questionnaire the first day of school for the students to complete with their parents about how their name was chosen. Now, of course, I can't find it. I'm moving schools this year so everything is in boxes and such....

Anyone wanna help a poor teacher out who's about to lose her mind? <!--giggle-->

Advertisement

QueenBee2011

You know what?

I did that, one time, and never again. I had a parent so irate that I would ask such a personal question. I was too afraid to ever ask anyone again. I love the idea and would have the children look up the meaning of their name in a baby book too. The librarian thought I must have been nuts checking out every book they had on baby names!
Good Luck, sorry I can't be of more help.

teachermom5

chrysanthamum

I used that survey once. It was from Mailbox, and it had a picture of Chrysanthamum on the side to be used with Kevin Henkes book. Maybe you can google it or look into Mailbox stuff. Hope that helps. I'd send mine, but I have no idea where mine is either, I've moved into 4 classrooms 4 years in a row! Everything I have is lost-including my mind!!

missvicki77

That's me as well teachermom5

3rd school in 5 years....5th classroom though! <!--eyebrow-->

Quite annoying, but I know I have it somewhere...I'll see if I can google it from mailbox. Thanks.

Linda/OH

Name interview

I have mine at school too. There were just a couple of questions something like this:
How did you choose my name? Was it hard naming me? Am I named after anyone? Is so who?

*However, I have not used it the last 2 years since I have more and more students who are living with grandparents, aunts, etc.

Instead, we just listen to anyone who wants to share their name stories after reading Chrysanthemum.

Advertisement

iluv3rd

Is this what

you're looking for? I did not make this but downloaded it for free years ago...

• Name_Interview.doc
    26 KB

lynn6

Name

This is what I plan to use.

• name-research-interview-form-1.pdf
    48.7 KB
Advertisement