• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

How Long a Manicure/Pedicure Take

PinkSparkle9

My birthday is July 6th and I haven’t gotten a manicure or pedicure since before the pandemic.

I use to love getting dipped powder manicures and only did pedicures a couple times in the summer.

That said, my friends want to get together on the 7th, but I booked this appointment that day at 11 AM. The place I go to only takes appointments and are only there 4 days a week now (and only 3 people at a time) opposed to everyday like they use to be so it was hard to get an appointment when I did a few weeks ago.

Approximately how long would a manicure and pedicure take? Would you allot 1.5 hours or 2? Just wondering when I should tell my friends I can meet.

Advertisement

maxwell

Depends

It would depend on what you are getting. Regular polish or gel polish on your natural nails could be done in that time frame. There are many different types of pedicures. I just get the basic, but you can get more procedures. Acrylics and other fancier stuff, designs in nails, coffin nails, etc, would take longer.

dawnmei

time

I've only had pedicures and it's usually around an hour, but from what I can tell manicures take much longer. I would give at least 3-4 hours before meeting my friends, but I get rather anxious when in a time crunch. Not knowing the location you are or exactly how crowded it would be, I can only speak for what I would feel comfortable with.

GraceKrispy

This may seem obvious, but why not call the manicure place and ask them how long it will take?
My thoughts exactly- that will likely give you the most accurate answer. If you'd rather not do that, tell your friends you'll be available mid-afternoon (2 or 3) just to make sure.

Haley23

My thoughts exactly- that will likely give you the most accurate answer. If you'd rather not do that, tell your friends you'll be available mid-afternoon (2 or 3) just to make sure.

I agree with this too. I've gotten exactly one manicure in my life, so I'm certainly no expert. The only reason I went is because it's what my friend wanted to do for her birthday. A few of us got manicures and a few got pedicures- not both, and I would say we were there for at least an hour. I would be surprised if you got both in 1.5 hours, but calling and asking or giving yourself lots of time is going to be the best bet.

Advertisement

Lilbitkm

I get pedicures and do dip powder on my nails, not regularly but have done both many times. Each takes about an hour, sometimes less depending on the state of my nails to being with.

I would say 2 hours is enough time if you’re not getting anything fancy for either service.

Ima Teacher

I get acrylic nails with gel polish every two weeks and a pedicure with gel polish & a design every four weeks. It takes about three hours on the weeks when I get both.

Lottalove

Ii also depends on how busy the

shop is--When I go and it's busy, I get two techs-one on feet and one preps my hands while I'm still in the pedi chair. It shortens the time a lot. When it is not busy, the same tech does both the pedi and mani and can take as long as 3 hours.

Advertisement