• Welcome teachers! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

How would you answer this?

sarahmarie

1. How much do you want to know about your students in order to be most helpful to them?
2. What three things do you most want to know?
3. When you think about your students, in what major ways do you most want to influence their lives?
4. What are the most important academic concepts you want your students to acquire?

Thanks!

Advertisement
A

Anon

Off the top of my head

1. What prior knowledge of skills and concepts do they already have. I really don't want to know everything about a child's home life. While they are in my classroom, I work with them using all the knowledge that I have that has proven to be successful with kids.

2. How many letters to they know by name at random sight, how many letter sounds can the reproduce at the sight of the letters or group of letters, can the identify/segment sounds in words, and how many numerals can the recognize and make sets for.

3. Making learning fun, rewarding, self motivating and to have them prepared to head into first grade with a gut feeling that they will be successful in that curriculum
4. Using the general knowledge skills of letters/sounds to sound out-blend smoothly unknown words with confidence and with no fear of trying to - To be able to mentally think about numbers and have the abiltiy to solve simple day to day problems.

A

Anon

Think for yourself!

Hate to be rude, but those ?s sound like interview questions. It's important that you answer them yourself, not ask others how they would answer. There is no right or wrong answer! I would have answered very differently from the previous poster, so just answer from your heart. Think about your teaching philosophy and go from there. :-)

A

Anon

Vague questions need guidance

Those questions are extremely vague, and I think the person asking how to answer them didn't really want a direct answer, but more of an explaination as to what the interviewer wants to hear from those questions. I mean "How much do you need to know about your students" is as bad of a question as "tell me about yourself". What exactly do they want? It's a trap!

H

hrg

Questions

Actually, these are questions from the PA Reap Application, and there are only 300 or so characters in the questions. But I do think that you need to think for yourself and that there are many different answers to the questions and it's hard to pinpoint the right ones. Just go with your gut.

Advertisement