• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

I am out of touch

Art | Music | Drama 

Mr Sensai

I need a few songs for a Kindy concert. I was told they should be in English, something well known/you would hear on the radio (no kids songs like "Wheels on the bus" for example) , one song must be within the last 6 years (give or take a few years), upbeat and nothing raunchy.

My class is more than capable of memorizing pop songs but I am out of touch with American music other than the 80's and some 90's. I am open to pretty much any decade for the other songs though. Unless having them Rickroll everyone is acceptable then I shall go that route. <!--giggle-->

Huge thanks in advance! :)

Advertisement

ginadoo

My kids have loved the music from the kids movies Frozen, Madagascar, the Legos movie, etc. They are popular and on kids radio too!

RealisticPreK

Whitney Houston's The Greatest Love of All.

It's pretty old. My daughter's PreK class sang it 25 years ago. You could listen on You tube and decide.

'Frozen' songs are pretty popular.

Jule

Well, this is older than 6 years. Another kinder teacher at my school had her students sing "I believe I can fly" for kinder "graduation". All the kids got dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grow up. It was a small class, so she had them introduce themselves.."my name is Susie Smith and I am going to be a doctor." She changed the words to the first verse to make it more appropriate. It was a show stopper. I still get goosebumps when I think about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2ZuescJGA

Advertisement