• Welcome teachers! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

leapster or leapster l-max?

ilovetexas

Seeing the post below makes me want to get my son a Leapster for x-mas (he's 5). I went to the store and was confused by my choices. What's the difference between a Leapster and the Leapster L-Max (besides the priceLOL)?

Advertisement

GraceK

It has been a while since i have made that buying choice, but I believe the main difference is that an l-max can be seen on a regular TV (with the connections that come with it, so you can play on the "big screen") and that the Lmax can use *all* the leapster games, but the leapster can only use the ones made for the original leapster. We bought an Lmax, the difference was about $30 at the time....?

msharkey

Leapster versus L Max

L Max is the newer Leapster.

Differences (to my knowledge) are:
  • L Max is newer and picture, audio is better
  • L Max can actually be plugged into your TV to view full screen (although my kids don't know this)
  • The L Max takes both L Max and Leapster games HOWEVER, Leapster only takes Leapster games AND the Leapster games will not work on TV with the L Max but can be used handheld.
My 5 1/2 year old twins LOVE their L Max. We've had them for 2 years.

Highly recommend as a mommy and as a first grade teacher! Two thumbs up!!

Happy Holidays

Grade4Teach

We went for the Leapster

The major difference between the two is that the L-Max can be plugged into the TV. Since I have no use for that, I saved the money and bought the Leapster. The Leapster can play all of the Leapster and L-Max games so I didn't feel as if we would be short on a selection of games. My son has had the Leapster since he was a little over 3 and LOVES it. It is one of the few toys I think he plays with daily. I highly recommend the purchase.

Advertisement