• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Manipulative Storage

Classroom Management 

k28

I am trying to write a grant for some manipulative storage for Math supplies.

What do you use for your manipulatives? Our closets are very shallow, so I normally use tupperware for storing things in there. However, I want something a bit nicer to store for the kids to have access.

Do you leave all manipulatives out all the time or rotate them?
We are moving to Ready Math so I am not sure what manipulatives I will be given (if any).

Please share images or specifics if possible...

Advertisement

Keltikmom

Manipulatives storage

Plastic shoe boxes and dish pans .

However, I wouldn’t invest in anything until the new materials arrive. You may only need storage for what you already own.

Sbkangas5

I love my Ikea trofast storage. I prefer the wood ones as they are solid wood (not the black or white ones). They are super sturdy - I've had mine for probably 18 years - and you can get a range of bins as well as shelves to use with them. It's also easy for the kids to take the bins out and put them back. They come in a variety of sizes and configurations. For some reason I can't get the picture to attach, but here's a link.
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/cat/trofast-toy-storage-series-19027/

broomrider

I used one of these

for math manipulative for many years. If you have the floor space, and it has a fairly small footprint, you can have the manipulative on display for use during "what do I do next." I would put one tub on each table (back when kids shared tables) during math centers.

https://www.amazon.com/Honey-Can-Do...rds=toy+organizer&qid=1614746982&sr=8-13&th=1

You can have some materials in storage (if any) and rotate them through the display bins as needed.

seashell

I ready math

I use school boxes for each child. This is for the math tools that we use daily. I am thinking about making a notebook to put ten frames number path ect .

Advertisement