• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Mental health day

Other 
Advertisement

ESDTeacher98

Please do not feel guilty! You need to take care of you so you can take care of others. Repeat that to yourself! Have a happy and relaxing day!

ElizabethJoy

Mental health days

Yay! I love a good mental health day! I have only taken them a couple of times when I was under severe stress, and they helped. Enjoy :)

MightyTeach

Don't feel guilty! It's your time - if you need a day to regroup take it. You will feel better and be able to handle whatever is thrown your way better!

tgbwc

No guilt

My admin tells us to use them. Don’t feel guilty.

Is there any reason to hold on to a bunch of leave?

bookgeek59

Don't feel guilty about something so necessary. Self care takes many forms.

I took a mental health half-day just to make personal phone calls, set dr appointments, answer/send personal emails....It lightened the weight I'd been dragging around.

Hope you enjoyed your time!

Advertisement

broomrider

double benefit

Not only do you get your rest/recreation/appointments/business needs addressed, but your students see how necessary you are, and a sub gets some money. You may even get some appreciation when you return.:p

Win-win-win.

Violet4

Thanks everyone

I believe people should take them when they need them but what makes it very stressful is the lack of subs in our district. Fortunately someone did take the job.

stephenPE

In my early days I would take them. Go to Hardees for some carry out breakfast. Go pick up the Tampa Tribune. Go home and pretend I was retired. THEN I had kids. Since THEY rode to school with me, those days were over. But really didnt need them much. One maxim was, take a day off and then soon after NEED to be out for something or sick.

<!--thankgiving-->

missamberlori

yes

taking one tomorrow and probably Friday as well. After all these years teaching I do feel guilty but not sure why? When I get back from a day off-nothing has changed. The kids are the same-the school is still standing-no one missed me-so in other words I am replaceable in a hot second-so why do I feel guilty? Maybe it is more me than anything because really no one cares.

Advertisement