• Welcome! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Miss Daisy is Crazy

Advertisement
L

lisa cute

reveiw

A.J kid When he introduces himself to the class on the first day of 2nd grade, he says, “I like football and video games, and I hate school.” Miss Daisy handles his declaration with grace and announces that she too hates school. The children are scandalized but instantly love her. Miss Daisy kept on pretending she doesn’t know how to read or do arithmetic. The children, felt sorry for her, and tried to teach her how to multiply, divide, and spell. By the end, A.J suspects that maybe Miss Daisy does know how to do all those things.

S

samie pinky

A.J is a kid When he introduces himself to the class on the first day of 2nd grade, he says, “I like football and video games, and I hate school.” Miss Daisy handles his declaration with grace and announces that she too hates school. The children are scandalized but instantly love her. Miss Daisy kept on pretending she doesn’t know how to read or do arithmetic. The children, felt sorry for her, and tried to teach her how to multiply, divide, and spell. By the end, A.J suspects that maybe Miss Daisy does know how to do all those things.

K

kuhlprin

Miss Daisy is Crazy activities

This was the first read aloud I did with my third graders this year. We had a lot of fun with it. We brainstormed a list of ideas about what we'd do with the school if we could change it. The kids then wrote a persuasive letter to the principal and she wrote back. Each child was able to pick their own idea from what we brainstormed.

We also took measurements of weird parts of our body. We did the circumference of our head, length of our tongue, length of foot, etc. We then made a mobile to hang in the class of our measurements. (This was from the chapter when they went to see the nurse) The kids had a blast with it.

Advertisement