• Welcome teachers! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

My new obsession

GreyhoundGirl

I bought some washi tape for something for my classroom. And now I'm full on OBSESSED. All those colors and patterns? Amazing. I want them ALL and I want to figure out how to use them.

How do you all use washi tape at school or at home? Know that I have 0 creative bones in my body. :)

Advertisement

anna

I use washi tape in junk journaling both on the pages and on the seams. Making homemade greeting cards is also fun with washi tape. I was tempted to use it in the classroom on student craft activities however it can be expensive when you have thirty or so students.

K-Jeanne

I loved using washi tape on my whiteboards to make grids. I also used them to group pencils, markers by tables.

Advertisement

Sbkangas5

I love the look of washi tape and all of the patterns. But I just finally put all of mine in our creation station and my students used it all up. I never did find anything really great to use it for.

elsa4409

I just got re-interested in the washi tape this week! I have 2 large oil drip pans that I use as a magnetic surface for games (usually games I make up so they're more like learning activities). I use the tape to make different sections on the board. I definitely felt a little jolt of joy when I saw all the colors I used today.

elsa4409

I don’t get the fascination???
There are people who get excited about a new pen and stickers(using washi tape, placing new tabs in a binder...you get the idea) ....and people who don't. You might be in the second category. <!--giggle-->

One time, I received some pens in a package I received at school. I think it was after a fire safety presentation or something. As I was marveling at all the wonderful things, a co-worker said, "It's just pens, right?"

TeaPro

I had some beat up bookshelves in my classroom. I put washi tape around the edges to hide the scratches. They also made cute, easy to remove labels on storage bins.

tia

Is it like duct tape but pretty?
It is like painter's tape but tiny and in pretty patterns (or just plain colors).

I like to use it for students to tape papers into their learning logs--specifically in math when they have a 2-sided paper that I want them to be able to use/see both sides. (We fold paper in almost half and tape down one edge. Sometimes I have them tape down smaller pieces just for fun and to break up the monotony of gluing....

teachnkids

There are people who get excited about a new pen and stickers(using washi tape, placing new tabs in a binder...you get the idea) ....and people who don't. You might be in the second category. <!--giggle-->

One time, I received some pens in a package I received at school. I think it was after a fire safety presentation or something. As I was marveling at all the wonderful things, a co-worker said, "It's just pens, right?"

Thanks for helping me see! Yes, I’m definitely the second category for tape! BUT give me a cool new pen and I’m all over it!😂😂😂

FionaJ

Here’s another one. What’s not to love?? Look at the one with the cats! I don’t have that one yet, hmmm.....I love the cherry blossom ones too.

I have many rolls, ranging in width from an eighth of an inch to six inches. It’s one of my favorite art supplies.

Last edited:
Advertisement