• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

New to 5th grade. Need ideas for decorating

Themes 

kk5

There is a blog, schoolgirl style (found it on pinterest) that has a great jungle/animal theme that isn't gender specific. Good luck, this is also my first year teaching 5th grade.

Who Dat

Travel Theme

I am doing a travel theme this year. My first year in 5th grade. All my bulletin boards and displays have something to do with traveling. Visitor Information Center - mailboxes, calendars, absentee work; Avoid Road Rage - class rules, encouraging words, stars for students to fill out on their classmates when they catch them doing something good; Scrapbook - display all student work and student of the month; Rest Area - the reading center. I also put up posters about science, math, and language arts. I bought some pencil boxes from oriental trading and I will have them paint them the first couple days of school. I also found an idea about getting some small pizza boxes from a pizza restaurant and making suitcases for students to put work in (like a time capsule). I hope it all goes great! I am in a portable so I don't have much storage space. So lots of things have to be just put up on the walls.

Who Dat

Travel Theme Ideas

I would love to read about your travel theme. This is my first year in 5th Grade and I am doing the travel theme too. Any help would be appreciated.

Maritimer

spot on

I really like that idea. This is my first time teaching grade 5, I have been in grade 3 for the past 4 years. I think this is what I might go with. Thanks for the suggestion.

minniez

Anything!

Fifth graders like EVERYTHING. I've had dogs, dots, apples, and many more. We have Peanuts right now and the kids really love it. Good luck with fifth grade.

Advertisement