• Welcome teachers! Log in or Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

No thanks

Other 

ajmm115

I posted an attachment on the middle school board. It's simply a few puzzles that could come in handy as school starts. There have been 43 downloads so far, and. not. one. comment. No thanks, no sorry but I can't use this, nothing.

Have manners gone out of style?

On the Writing board, Aussiebird posted some great posters. Over 100 downloads, and three other people commented - ONLY THREE!

What is happening?

Advertisement

playpower

agreed

I don't frequent those boards so I didn't know. I just wanted you to know I agree with you. If people took the time to download the materials, they surely could've taken a moment to say thank you. I'm sorry. :(

teachnkids

I always thank the person if I use their material. I do find others don't do that as frequently as they should.

Seussical

I understand your position--maybe it comes with age? I'm 57--it was always just expected to say thank you when you're given something--courteous to respond to people....times, they are a changin'.

binkbonk

I look at a lot of things on here out of curiosity, but have no intention of using. In fact, I know I looked at your file. It wasn't something I needed or intended to use. So, I guess I am one of the people who should have said "Thank you for sharing." I guess if I had thought I would use it, I would have said thank you, but you are right an acknowledgement was in order.
Thank you for sharing, it is very nice and generous of you.

teachum4

I am kind of like bingbong. I often look at the postings even if I don't copy or download any of the information. If I was one that looked, thank you for sharing your information.

Advertisement

froggy4

How do you check how many downloads there have been? I didn't know you could do that. I do like to thank people for sharing their ideas even if I don't use them.

doolnut

I was going to ask the same question. How do you check how many downloads/viewers there are looking at your post?

HomeofLove

Just being honest

For me, I usually only stop to say thank you if the item is something I'm going to be able to use. If I download something and it's clear that I can't use it (and honestly, this is sometimes due to grammatical and spelling errors, yet it's in PDF format), I just move on. I don't stop to thank them for sharing something I can't use.

I guess I think of it as being similar to walking in a clothing store and looking around. If I end up making a purchase, I thank the person checking me out. If I don't, I just walk on out of the store.

I think many people are this way.

Janylynne

I acknowledged your generosity in my post!

I thought at least one other poster did as well! I'll recheck. You are right-- when you offer something and someone downloads it, you should be acknowledged. I agree with previous poster who says they might not, if they check it out and it just won't be something they can use, though. I just sometimes move on.

I do appreciate it!<!--sunshine-->

doolnut

I agree. If I can use it, I always thank the person who posted it. However, if I can't I just move on. However, I always appreciate those who contribute to this website. :)

ajmm115

appreciate

I appreciate all the responses to my snarkyness. I know that not everyone will want/need every attachment. And when there are 300+ downloads, it would be ridiculous to have 300 thanks. Guess I kind of lost it there for a moment.

I don't think it is possible to know how many people look at a particular post, but there is a counter for how many have opened attachments. That is what I was referring to.

Again, sorry for being so crochety. AJ

chery

ajmm115

Please do not apologize for your disappointment, it is a sad truth in today's society. I have a TpT store and nearly always post things for free before i put them in my store for a price. I can have 500 downloads of each product and get 1 or 2 thank you's or feedbacks on average. I don't think that 499 people looked at the resource and decided they couldn't use it!. I know I am very tough on my kiddos about showing appreciation, I think many teacher are.. It is sad to think that many teachers don't practice what they preach. Just my opinion...

PeaceRunner

There used to be a way to see how many people actually looked at a post. I don't know how to do it... you hover over something and it will give you the number of people that looked at it.

Dawn

ajmm115

I have been the beneficiary of your generosity many times. In fact I think I use one of your puzzles at least once a month! I don't know the post you are referring to but I want to officially thank you here again for all your creative postings and attachments. It's very generous of you to share like you do.

Okay, I just went and checked out the attachment you shared. I don't teach language arts but my daughter does so I saved the spelling puzzles and emailed them to her. Thanks again ajmm115!

Last edited:

Mrs. G

Shed some light

A long while back, before some of you were members. The admin suggested that we not post a list of thank you's as this made for a long list of things to scroll through that were not really helpful.

If people are using your ideas that is the best form flattery! :)

Last edited:

dutchgirl

I agree with Mrs. G. It makes for such a long list that it's hard to read the post. Maybe we could start posting thanks on the giver's chat or PM them. If I share something, please don't post all your thanks.

Advertisement