• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Online Story Sites?

VivianCP

Does anyone know of any free websites that read aloud picture books to students? After reading a previous post, I got to wondering about it. I use storyline online and KOL (kids online). I project these stories during our rest time and the students love it.

Are there any other story or other sites that would be good to use during a quiet (sort of <!--eyebrow-->)time like this?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Cleo88

books online

Barnes and Noble storybooks online and tumblebooks.com are two that I use. Barnes and Noble has only a few books online and it's free. Tumblebooks, on the other hand, has quite a selection, but it requires a subscription. I think they have a free trial. Hope this helps.:)

Dr. A

Read aloud on line

I like to use literactive.com as well to help students learn to read. It is a great site with animations and word segmenting capability to help students read.

Advertisement

VivianCP

Thanks so much!

I will definitely check all these out. :)

Ok, I love B&N & literactive. Tumblebooks looks awesome but it does seem to cost money.

Bennyjake-can you give more info on the free aspect? I can't seem to get that.

Last edited:

MalibuBarbie

Tumblebooks

I don't see where Tumblebooks is now free, either. Our public library has it on their website. All I have to do is sign in with my library account. Hopefully you can find a nearby library that does the same!

:s)

VivianCP

Yes, I already use storyline online & love it. I hope they expand it & get more people to read new stories!

MissESL, toon books looks cute but it isn't working for me now on my iPad. I'll check again when I'm on my laptop. I might download some books for myself from the other sites!

MalibuBarbie, that is a good idea. I am in a major metro city & we don't have it in our library system but some surrounding ones do so I will have to check out the reciprocity between library systems.

<!--book--> <!--book--> Thanks all! <!--book--> <!--book-->

Advertisement