• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Photo Mat Magnets - Please help

Themes 

gene39

I need help finding photo mat magnets to put on my students' lockers. I want to be able to have them create a picture with their name and then put it inside the mat on their lockers. I have looked everywhere to find mats (cheap). Any ideas?? Oriental trade has a snowflake magnetic mat but snowflakes are not a school theme. Please help!

Advertisement

teacherpal12

Can you find mats that aren't magnetic and just add some magnetic tape to the back of them to get them to stick to the lockers? It would take a bit of time but you could cut mats from card stock and laminate them so they are sturdy and then put the magnets on them.

kckrzy

Can you make your own? Wal mart as well as other places carry magnet paper you can put through your computer printer. Come up with your mat/frame and then print. When I run things on these magnetic sheets I only put one in the printer at a time. They turn out so cute and can be cut easily with scissors. I've never made frames but in doing so you could create whatever frame design you want. I once had each kid design or find a clipart picture to print for a magnet for their mother for Mother's Day. Forgot all about that idea until I read your post. Good luck.

gina

what about

the dollar stores in your area? I'm in Canada so I don't know what stores you have or if they carry the same things, but the dollar store in my town carries the magnetic photo "frames" (they're actually just a large magnet with an attached plastic cover that you slide a picture into). Is that what you're looking for? Maybe your dollar type stores carry them, too.

Advertisement