• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Pixie sticks for b-day balloons find!

Other 
Advertisement

1956BD

What a deal!

I am so jealous. The food police at my school would take me away if I gave them to my students. But, they are so darn cute!

TeacherCarrie

Darn! I went to my local Dollar Tree earlier tonight (before your post) to get the neat tupperware looking holder that another PTer posted and even tried scouring all the aisles for Pixie Sticks...no luck! I'm super jealous you found them.

But I ended up going to Party City to get them...too bad I could not have saved half of the price though. Mine cost a total of $15 (30 for $.49 each). Not too bad considering I used to do goodie bags filled with stuff and a birthday pencil from Really Good Stuff. I'd say I am going to save some $$$ doing the balloons in the long run. :)

Advertisement

teach4k

Food police patrol!!

I know what you mean about the food police. I have decided to do these anyway.....I am thinking that I will some how disguise them so they won't know what it is.....our principal is really big on not giving candy....hey.....this is flavored sugar not candy.. hehehehehe

teacherpal12

Haha! The food police at our school are some of the parents. They will call the principal and rat you out if you send home candy with the wrong children. I have one coming to me who is deprived of anything with any sugar at all. These kids think the granola bars we serve for breakfast are like hitting the jackpot. If I sent home a straw of sugar she'd have my head!!! LOLLOLLOL

teach4k

Okay food police fearfuls

I was looking for something on Oriental Trader and saw these Neon bendable pencils. They are 13" long and they are doz. for $5.00.

So for all of you who are just dying to make these birthday baloons but don't want to take a chance of being ticketed by the food police this might do the trick!!!!LOLLOLLOL

smartgal33

No CANDY!

I can't imagine not being able to give a kid a Pixie Stick for their Birthday! Anyhow, would those smensils work? They are more expensive but would have a similar effect.

Advertisement