• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Playground safety -so sad

vateacher

A friend of mine lost her 3 year old daughter in an accident that should have been preventable. Please see the news story here:
https://www.nbcwashington.com/inves...y-Concerns-at-Newark-Preschool-505165461.html

I am sharing this story in hopes that it will raise awareness and no one else will have to go through what my friend did. I hope that Macie's death will at least help keep someone else's children safe.

As a mom of two little boys I was and continue to be heartbroken for the family and the only true way I can help is by spreading their story where I can so that no other family drops there child at daycare/preschool never to see them alive again.

Last edited:
Advertisement

anna

What a tragic and sad event. Our school recently went through a playground remodel and we waited several months between completion and inspection. Some parents and students were impatient about it,complaining about laws etc. Thanks for reminding us all about the importance of these laws. I'm so sorry for the loss of this child.

Advertisement

whiteturtle

Very, very sad. Thank you for sharing so that we can all remember to keep an eye on the equipment our students are on and report any problems!

Advertisement