• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Public Opinion

Other 

MissESL

I would like to not be “liberal” or “conservative” based on the first 3 words that come out of my mouth when I meet you. I’d just like to teach, thanks.

Everything is so extreme anymore, just greeting someone is turning into a stressful and political situation.

I don’t have to agree with you to like you. I don’t have to agree with you to respect your opinion and the free will your brain gives you to form it. I don’t have to know your whole story and I don’t need to make judgements on you based on basically nothing. Neither do you. So let’s just move on.

Okay, rant over.

Advertisement

meandmyhouse

I agree with you! My nephew, 18, started working at a restaurant a few of months ago. He had just met a couple of other workers, when they started talking politics. They asked him about his opinion. He told them "I'm just here to work."

GreyhoundGirl

I have a friend I’ve been friends with for over 20 years. She’s one of my closest friends and we’ve never once talked politics. Probably because we were so young when we met and as we’ve gotten older we’ve both realized our politics don’t align. So, by unspoken agreement we don’t talk about it.

I don’t understand why people feel the need to talk politics with 1) people they just met and 2) incessantly. It’s not something I’ve ever enjoyed and it’s definitely not something I enjoy in this climate.

Advertisement