• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Question for you northeners about hockey...

mrs_c

My DH and I just recently got into hockey. We're from Alabama, so we're pretty much the minority here. We've been watching the Atlanta Thrashers, just because they're close to home, but we're not big huge fans yet. However, the other day DH said something about Wayne Gretzky and how much he liked watching him when he played for the Kings. So, I was thinking about getting him a throwback jersey for Christmas. However, NO stores around us sell any hockey merchandise, much less an old jersey. I found it on Jersey Wholesaler, but I'm kind of nervous about ordering such an expensive piece of clothing from a place I've never heard of. So my question is: has anyone heard of this place? Is it a nice place to order from? Or, is there another big chain of stores up north that has a website I could order from?

Thanks guys! Go Thrashers!

Advertisement

Garden Gal

Amazon

Sports Merchandise is expensive!! I checked and Amazon has the Kings jersey fro $169-199. That would be a good source if you want to spend the money. They also have some DVDs if you want to get something Gretzky but not spend the bucks.<!--giggle-->

mrs_c

I know!!! That's why I'm hoping I find out this place is reputable. The Gretzky jersey is $46!!! I'd love to get it for that price, but I don't want to jet gypped either. :confused:

Peaches Pears

Sounds too good to be true. A Gretzky jersey for $46??????
I just did a quick google and the prices I got ranged from $170 to $6500.

Advertisement

klperry

jerseys

most of our jerseys have come from rivercitysports.com

What you want to do is to see is the jersey is hand sewn or silkscreened. It could be a slkscreened jersey for that price. Another tip is that some jerseys are "authentic" and those are pricy, others are "replicas" You might want to contact the seller to make sure you are getting what you want.

I just looked at your link and it looks good to me, everything is embroidered and it even includes the fight strap

mrs_c

One more question...

What is the deal with sizing? My DH wears a M/L in t-shirts...what size should I get?

One place said a M/L would be a 50, but then another site said something about how the sizes allow for padding, so does that mean a 50 is actually way bigger than what he'd want to wear?

Advertisement