• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Quotes to live by

luvmycat

I love this quote by Maya Angelou.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

What quote do you try to live by?

Advertisement

Beach Glass

The 5 by 5 Rule

The 5 by 5 rule:

“If something won’t matter in 5 years, don’t spend more than 5 minutes worrying about it.”

Munchkins

“I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”

Advertisement

Linda/OH

quotes

Life doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

(Charlotte-I also have the Lincoln quote you posted hanging in my library.)

linda2671

My favorite

Let your light so shine before men that they might see your good works and glorify your father, who is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

hand

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

Luvmycat that was the quote I had on my desk when I was teaching. It was what I tried hard to follow as a teacher.

dakota_blue5

“We’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” The Eleventh Doctor
“Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.” The Twelfth Doctor

ASAM

No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your consent. Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. Dr. Seuss

GreenBunny

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. -- Dalai Lama

Not all of us can do great things but we can do small things with great love. -- Mother Theresa

And the frivolous:
Someone who figures that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha. -- Robert Brault

nucleus

I can't remember the exact quote but it's something like

Those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

cvt

quotes

"Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it." Charles Swindoll

ATeacherGal

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Isaiah 40:31

luvmycat

If I could figure out a way to attach Michelle Obama's recent speech from the White House I would. Miss that positive attitude so much!

Advertisement