• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Readers Workshop--Unit of Study 1

sacook

Hi! Last year I printed out someone's September plans for RW. It is called "Readers Build Good Habits." I can only find pieces of it and would love to print it out again. Does anyone have this or no where I can find it?
Thanks =)

Advertisement

miss.anderson

I have mine and also TeacherDani's

Here's TeacherDani's...

• September Reader's Workshop mini lessons.doc
    91.5 KB

miss.anderson

and here's mine... (based on hers)

• Readers Build Good Habits Mini Lessons compatible.doc
    139.5 KB

peachykeane

TeacherDani

Would we happen to know if anything further than September got posted by TeacherDani? I used these plans for Sept and it's fabulous but I need to go on (still need help!) and would love to see Oct & Nov or more! ANyone????

Coleyj

miss anderson

do you have any other plans done through oct/nov, etc? Just curious. I like how yours are written because they are the same format as your writting lessons which I love!!!! Just curious.

Advertisement

miss.anderson

And here's mine (again, based on hers...)

Readers Use Strategies to Figure Out Words

• Readers Use Strategies to Figure Out Words Unit.doc
    143 KB

miss.anderson

Readers Think and Talk About Books to Grow Ideas

• Readers Think and Talk About Books to Grow Ideas Unit.doc
    148 KB

miss.anderson

greenkri

They very closely follow units of study outlined in the book Growing Readers by Kathy Collins - if you are a primary grade teacher, I really recommend it!

dreamgirl

Hello ladies,

These plans look great! I teach 2nd. This is my first time teaching RW. Would you use these same lessons for 2nd graders? No one in my school except me, is doing RW. So I am wondering if it would be fine to just use these plans. I am finding that I need to have something to follow until I get a better feel for what I am doing and what my students need.

miss.anderson

dreamgirl

I would check BookMuncher's blog "Once Upon a Reader's Workshop"...she posted her units of study for the year in once of her blogs back in July or August and she teaches second grade.

Coleyj

Thank You

Miss Anderson once again your lessons will be used in my classroom! You have such a skill at writing wonderful easy to use lessons.
Thank you so much for sharing!

sacook

Thank You

Thank you so much, I really like these plans and appreciate you sharing--I can't thank you enough!!

mishu353

Thank You So Much

Thank you so much for all of these resources. You have saved me time and energy that I can put into differentiating the lessons for my kids. I really appreciate the support!!!

Mrs.Gab

These are great plans!

Thanks for sharing! What grade level are these for? I will be teaching 3rd grade and I'm not sure all of the mini lessons would be appropriate for third graders. Just curious.

miss.anderson

Mrs. Gab

These are for first. I'm thinking that you would probably just into comprehension strategies a lot sooner in third. We spend several months on decoding.