• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Shameless mom brag

NCteacher

I just got some exciting news for my DS and if I don’t tell someone I’m going to pass out. When my DS went to middle school, we moved him to a private college prep private school. He’s getting ready to start his third year there. We mainly moved him because he’s not a super confident kid, and this school is a fraction of the size of the public school he would have gone to. We thought the smaller size and smaller class sizes would be better. It has been an amazing experience- so much so that when I retire from teaching public school, I want to go teach there.

Today, the head of the middle school just called us and said that looking at his academic record and data, they are recommending that he skip 8th grade math and go into Algebra 1 at the upper school! My DH and I talked about it and discussed it with the head of the middle school and then talked to DS. He immediately agreed to try. It’s funny, because he doesn’t think he’s very good in Math, despite having scored in the 99tb percentile on the Iowa. Hoping this will be confidence booster for him. I’m so proud! (And in awe because I was terrible at math in school!)

Advertisement

amiga13

Marvelous! Congratulations to him for his accomplishment and congratulations to you and your husband for making it possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement