• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Should I call or just let it go.

jazzer

I posted a week or two ago about visiting a restaurant and having the owner suggest a date to book my band. When I emailed him the next day, I got no response. I have emailed three more times since and still no response.

A part of me wants to call the guy and see if I can get anywhere in case he just got busy, was not checking email, or I accidentally ended up in the junk file.

My husband thinks I should just let it go. He said I did my job.

The only reason I am fretting about it is because after six straight months of gigs every weekend, we have not had one in a month and a half and I feel like I have sent to every possible place in two metro areas.

I also feel like if I call and the owner says he changed his mind, then at least I did everything I could.

Should I call?

Advertisement
Advertisement

GraceKrispy

Originally, I was thinking to just leave it, but what if he doesn't really use/check email? I don't think a call can hurt, especially since you need some gigs.

Haley23

I'd call. Even if it doesn't work out, you're not out anything by double checking. And if does work out, you'll be glad you checked!

travelingfar

I will be the dissenting voice here and recommend that you don't reach out to the owner again. You have contacted him 4 times, and he has not responded. In all likelihood that means that he isn't interested in having your band play there.

Advertisement