• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Students, it's time to line up. (Chaos)

Classroom Management 

Phyllis

If you have any problem lining kids up, I have a suggestion: numbered spots on the floor. You need them facing the door. First, a line leader one and then 1 2 3 4 etc. The teacher in whose class I volunteered numbered the kids alphabetically by first name.

This totally eliminated so many problems: racing to be first, vying for the last spot, letting friends in front, behavior problems together, etc.

The spots are available numerous places, including Amazon.

Advertisement

Haley23

When my school got new admin several years ago, they mandated that every class have a line up order. I thought it was micromanaging at first, and it does take some extra teaching/adjustment at the beginning of the year, but it truly does solve so many problems.

Sbkangas5

I have years when I have to do this, and years when I don't. I'm hoping this year I don't but I'm kind of afraid it's heading the other way!

Munchkins

Number order

I sometimes have to resort to alphabetical order, but this year even that didn’t work. I have a boy/girl order, in an effort to keep certain students separated. I do not have enough buffer children- I only have 5 or 6 that I can place anywhere. The others have issues with everyone!

But the assigned places in line definitely helps.

Advertisement