• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Testing Snacks

Other 

PBobcats4

When we took our district tests 2 months ago, I bought snack for my 27 4th graders every day for our break. They were little things like fruit snack, granola basrs, mini boxes of cereal, bags of gold fish etc. SInce the testing was only two days it really didn't hit the pocketbook either. Next week we are taking our state tests and I would really like to do it for them again but we owe our State taxes, our DD"s first birthday is around the corner, and our HOA fees are due and have no extra funds. Does anyone ask parents for either snacks or donations. I have Costco card and can go and get large quantities of snacks.

We get a 30 minute break in between testing and we test for 3 hours a day, for four days. I know some of my kiddos don't eat a good breakfast despite our pleas to parents. If anyone has asked do you have letter you send home, maybe ideas for snacks to ask for?

I was thinking Boys- breakfast items and Girls-snacky foods. I thougth if each brought 10 of something we would have 270 snacks. Enough for two or three snacks a day per child.

Advertisement
T

TeacherBB

ABSOLUTELY ask parents. I had parents take turns bringing in approved snacks for our state tests last week. Water bottles too.
There is nothing wrong with asking parents!

Dr Seuss fan

bkfst / snacks

Check with your local mcDonalds/Sonic/whatever you have. We have had them donate sausage biscuits, etc for testing.

WSU10

Our district is giving students granola bars each day. I'm also bringing in mints and lemon drops. I would definitely ask parents though to see if they could bring anything in. Doesn't have to be anything special either. With Easter coming up, I'm sure there are bags of snacks at Wal-Mart and other stores that won't break the bank for parents.

westwitch

Ask!

We asked parents to donate juice boxes, cheese sticks, pretzels, crackers, cut up fruit, mini bagels or muffins-then have a little "breakfast". Some kids eat a little and some eat a lot. The room parents set it up for us this year.

I also let them chew gum if they want to, as long as they bring their own with a parent's permission.

MissS

Snacks

We always ask parents for help during testing, always pretty simple, cheese sticks, apples, and water. It does go a long way.

Advertisement

MissN

Apples and bananas went over well when I used to provide them during testing week, and they are relatively inexpensive (especially if you cut them in half). I definitely think you could ask parents to send things in.

kckrzy

This was the first year I asked parents to bring snacks and it went just fine. In past years, the PTO provided the snacks but I'm at a different building this year and their PTO didn't do it.

PBobcats4

Letter?

Does anyone have a letter they send out that they are willing to share? The past few times when we have done class parties and such I have like 4-5 parents donate. I know with the economy times are tough but like another PP said our PTO isn't doing anything either for testing so I am looking for a way to word the letter that might get more parents involved.

Advertisement