• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

To change jobs or not to change jobs???

Other 
G

Guest1234

I received a call today that a Title I Reading job is coming open at my school. I worked in Title I for a year during my first year of teaching. Since then, I've taught first grade. The class that's coming to me this year will be.... challenging, to say the least. I love being a classroom teacher. I also loved Title I and being able to work in small groups with struggling students. Im confused and looking for advice. What do you think?

Advertisement

austeach

How secure...

is the job? Sometimes those jobs aren't as secure as a classroom teacher job. Nowadays though anything is possible with job security. If you loved it and it is a stable job go for it!

cabanagrl

Title 1

I loved being a Title 1 reading teacher for four years when I started my career. But....it was a year to year gig. I never knew until late June if the position would be there the following year, not to mention if I would need to travel between buildings or if I would have my own teaching space. There was just too much uncertainty. While I miss the lighter work load in terms of lesson planning, I would not give up having my own first grade classroom. I love the community I am able to create with my kiddos since I am working with them all day long. Good luck with your decision!

Advertisement