• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

What do you think about this name...

angeli

Yesterday, as my husband and I were going through a baby name book we came across this baby girl name and he fell in love with it. I am due any minute so please help us. The name is YANNIS ( GIFT FROM GOD) and middle name will be Sarai. My 4yr old daughter's name is Yareli Angeli, so are kidda similar.

YANNIS SARAI

Advertisement

PPCDTeacher

I think its beautiful! Your 4 year old has a beautiful name also, and they sort of match. I'd say go with it.<!--lovestruck-->

Advertisement

Book_Lover

But what about your favorites?

I thought your favorites were

I am due any day and we still haven't picked a name for our baby girl. Please tell me what you think about our favorites.

JAZLIN

SOFIE

ITZEL

ZOE

Is this the same angel that was bored last week? Hmmm?

angeli

Yes, it's me. Those were some of my favorites. I had to think about them a lot. One of my best friends just had a baby girl and she named her Ayleen which sounds like Jazlin. My husband didn't like Zoe and I found out one of my cousins that lives in another state has a daughter named Itzel. I still like Sophie, but I want a name that's just as cute and different as Yareli.

Linn

Angel--SHE'S BACK!

Book_Lover, I'm with you. I think this is the same troll we had last week. I thought this post looked familiar.

vickia

is she 18?

I thought the troll poster we had was 18. Someone explained to her that she has to be a teacher to participate in the lounge. Maybe I'm confused. <!--eyebrow--> I don't think it's a good idea for me to try and figure it out. LOL

Vicki

yesteach

I don't think...

First off, I like the name it's different, but not "weird"

And to those who've commented, I don't believe this is the same "Angel" some of you are referring to. If you check the profile, this person has had an account since July of last year.

Also, IMHO, it's incredibly rude of people to just start accusing someone of being a troll because they have a similar name to one that was used by someone recently... Heaven forbid this is actually a member who has been away for a while, came back to discuss names for their new daughter, and now she's being attacked because of a similarity in names...

I think some people just like to go looking for something to stir up... get over the troll thing, and if you don't want to respond to a post don't, but making snap judgements like this, and commenting to a possible new or returning member, does not reflect well on this community...

I know if I were attacked like this and accused, I'd be gone...

Linn

Ok

yesteach, aren't you attacking others that have stated an opinion?

"I know if I were attacked like this and accused, I'd be gone..."

so, then I'll do as you say, and I'll be gone.

Azure

I knew a Yannis

He was the father of some of my DD friends. So I think of it as a boy name. I can't figure out how to pronounce the middle name. Maybe like Sar-ey?

happyteachin

I love it!

What a beautiful name. It goes well with your oldest daughter's name. I like it best of all the other names. Thank you for sharing your ideas!

angeli

I have no idea about a any troll business. My name is Angeli not Angel. I didn't think people would mind if I asked for help picking my daughters name. If you don't like my post just move on to the next. I guess not everyone likes to think about baby names.

Sarai is pronounced like sara but the i is an e sound. In spanish it sounds really awesome.

vickia

Please read my apology post

I truly am sorry. I misread your post. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.