• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

Words Their Way Homework?

Advertisement

choppie70

I don't require that they do spelling homework every night, but this is what I suggest they do.

Monday: Sort their words and explain to parents why they are sorted that way, then mix them up and speed sort.

Tuesday: No peeking sort

Wednesday: Word hunt

Thursday: Writing sort

VAreader

Word Study Menu

I use a word study menu. The children select a choice each night.

I will attach it!

• Spelling Homework Menu.doc
    67.5 KB

beachmom68

word hunt

When students do word hunt do you provide the material or do they just choose from what they have at home?

VAreader

Word Hunt

I have students do a word hunt in class using magazines that were sent into the room in the beginning of the year. That way they can cut and glue the words they find.

Room4Rocks

Here's what I do...

After copying a class set, I cut all of them on the lines and send home the appropriate strip. I've considered sending the entire sheet home on Monday, but I worry they'll do it ALL on Monday and do nothing the rest of the week. I want them to practice a little bit a day.

By the way, I give my spelling tests on Thursdays so I can correct and record them so they're ready to go home in their Friday Folders.

I pretest on Mondays and assign them the appropriate list. I had three different lists per week. I've attached a copy of the homework for one of my "easy" lists.

• Homework.Template short e 2.doc
    53.5 KB
Advertisement