• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

You had a year to wash it

School Time

I bring homemade cookies every year on Thanksgiving. A tradition. Last year there were three tins/containers left at my brothers or my nephews. I go them back on Thanksgiving, a year later. All three had crumbs in them. They are so easy to rinse out. Not a lot of elbow grease or soap needed. My sister-in-law and nephew's wife gave them back to me with year old cookie crumbs.
Can't wait to get back this year's containers.

Advertisement

Tori58

I don't think this would bother me much. Even if I got them back washed, I'd probably wash them again before filling them again.

amiga13

If I give someone food as a gift, the container is part of the gift. I agree with the posters who suggest disposable containers—seems like that would be easier for everyone. I certainly wouldn’t want to store someone’s containers for a year.

Advertisement

School Time

These weren't really gifts. Just what I bring to Thanksgiving dinner. I have plenty of containers. Just surprised that they didn't even wipe out he crumbs.

luvmycat

When I was in full swing of giving my truffles to colleagues during the holidays it was always welcomed to see the tins returned with a nice note. Those who returned them knew the joy the returned tins gave me (and knew they had a pretty good chance of getting a tin the next year<!--giggle-->). Since covid I do not venture out to hunt down the tins that I like. They fit a perfect 6 truffles without having them rattle around. If I couldn't find them on sale they were a pretty penny.

Last year the limited truffles that I gave out were lined up in a snack ziploc bag, not my finest presentation. This year I did find some little holiday takeout containers online. I also had a friend make some on her cricut.

I am sorry that they were returned with stale crumbs.

MKat

I'm with you. I'd expect them to be washed and tossed into their own container collection or thrown away. IF they were going to return them at a later date after it was empty I'd expect them to be washed. The idea that someone had year old crumbs hanging around would definitely surprise me.

Advertisement