• Are you a teacher? Join us! Register Now for a free ProTeacher account!

zofran and pregnancy

vateacher

Anyone out there taken zofran when pregnant? My morning sickness continues to hinder my daily goings-on so the dr decided the phenegren/unisom/b6 was not enough anymore and prescribed zofran. I have read lots of stuff online that is conflicting about the safety of it (it's for chemo patients, afterall) but all those people out there are strangers so how can I trust them? I'd much rather hear from the mommies at PT. Did you take zofran? Did your baby turn out alright if you did?

Advertisement

learnalways

I did

If it weren't for zofran, I would have had to quit my job. I threw up around the clock for the first 16 weeks of my pregnancy. After that I went to the dr and begged for something. I didn't gain a single pound until I was 19 weeks. He put me on Zofran dissolving tabs once a day. BEST thing ever. I still felt an upset stomach until about 24 weeks, but it allowed me to function. I didn't get off my couch until I started taking it. Reid is fine - the heart murmur and floppy voice box he has is completely unrelated. He already outgrew the murmur and we are working the voice box. Does this kid look unhappy? Congrats and Good Luck!<!--lovestruck-->

• reid.jpg
    22.9 KB

vateacher

Thank you! You have no idea how much your reply means. I just took the first pill and am hoping I am myself soon. I think I'm starting to scare my kids since I'm often running out of my room mid-sentence! They must think I've lost my mind.

Mrs. Bea

I too have had to take this....

I waited until I just couldn't take it anymore (the nausea) and then started taking it. I have had a presciption of 12 and have taken 8 over a 6 week period. It WORKS!!!

saphire

me too

I was put on zofran with this last pg. My little girl is perfect and 3 1/2 months old now!
I didn't want to take anything either and tried so hard not to. But the doctor told me it was worse for me not to take it b/c I was throwing up so much that I couldn't keep anything down and I was losing weight. I dropped over 10 lbs my first trimester b/c of the morning sickness! He told me it was bad for me and the baby not to be keeping any nutrients down!
It will be ok and you will feel 100% better.
Good luck and I hope this eases your mind!

saphire

learnalways

Good!

I am glad I could make you feel better! I didn't want to take anything either, but I was losing every prenatal pill for for the first trimester so it was a good thing I took them!

Good luck with your pregnancy!

klperry

zofran

With my second preganancy I took Zofran every day for the last 7 months. I had severe nausea and vomitting until the end. My four month old is perfect, and I dare say, CUUUUUTE as a button :)

I'm with the PP, I would have had to quit my job without it.

teacherpippi

I've had to use Zofran. Even with, I was still miserable, but at least I was able to function. Although miserable, every moment of morning sickness was a blessing in itself after TTC.

ETA: MY 17mo is a healthy, happy child.

Advertisement